Sunday, November 10, 2013

New Pieces


Here are a few things I made a few days ago. I've been working on some smaller pieces- the first one is 7"x7". and the three trees are each 3"x7". 

The house was inspired by a place I stopped while driving through the Mississippi Delta a few years ago. There was the beautiful little house surrounded by fields on all sides. For some reason it grabbed my attention, so I pulled over and took some photos (the house was abandoned, so I was able to walk around and not get chased off with a shotgun.)

The trees were just a study looking at how the same basic subject can look and feel totally different based on the light that's hitting it or the time of day. I'm going to do some more of these 'cause I think they're fun and simple. No deep, philosophical meaning behind them- just trees, because... trees.




No comments:

Post a Comment